While excercise might be quite low on your list of priorities this festival season (unless you’re part of Don Broco’s push-up squad) a new report suggests that spending a weekend in the field could actually be beneficial.
According to data collected by Withings, you burn a whole heap of calories dashing from stage to stage.
Here’s the list of calories burnt/miles covered at some of the biggest UK festivals, via a 2014 article on Glamour.
1. Glastonbury – 3,400 calories burnt per day /5.1 miles per person
2. V Festival –3,100 calories burnt per day /4.6 miles per person
3. Reading Festival – 3,000 calories burnt per day /4.7 miles per person
4. T in the Park – 3,000 calories burnt per day /4.5 miles per person
5. Leeds Festival – 2,900 calories burnt per day/4.6 miles per person
6. Creamfields – 2,800 calories burnt per day /4.2 miles per person
7. Isle of Wight Festival – 2,700 calories burnt per day /4 miles per person
8. Bestival – 2,600 calories burnt per day /4 miles per person
9. Lovebox – 2,500 calories burnt per day/3.1 miles per person
10. T4 On The Beach – 2,300 calories burnt per day/ 2.9 miles per person
And for those wondering, “a pint of lager with 4% ABV can contain 180 calories, similar to a slice of pizza.” Thanks Drinkaware.