‘Death Of A Bachelor’, reunions, high heels and sandwiches, here’s what we learnt.
– Brendon “asked Rivers if Weezer wanted to tour with Panic! and they said yes.” Fingers crossed for an onstage collaboration. “That “would be a dream come true. Let’s hope I can make this happen somehow.”
– Brendon would rank Panic!’s albums “1. DOAB 2. DOAB 3. DOAB… I think you see where I’m going with this.” Basically, it’s his best yet.
– “House of Memories is about how I feel about leaving behind a legacy. How will any of us be remembered and how much of what we do impacts the final memories/histories/legacies.” Elsewhere, “Sometimes everything comes to a head and seems all too overwhelming. And Impossible Year was written in that moment.”
– The vocal sample in ‘Emperor’s New Clothes‘ is saying “”Double double double down. Pushing it all in.”
– Despite making “those high heels work” on ‘Don’t Threaten Me With A Good Time‘ (the result of “an adult-type bet”), he won’t be wearing them on stage because he’s “unsure about doing backflips in them.”
– 10 years in and Brendon still isn’t bored of ‘I Write Sins Not Tragedies‘. “Not in the slightest. Imagine thousands of fans screaming it back at you. Exactly. Impossible to be tired.”
– His favourite song from Pretty. Odd. is ‘Do You Know What I’m Seeing?’
– The process for ‘A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out‘ involved “a bunch of teenagers from Vegas who knew very little about music, but loved it more than anything. I think that’s where some of the magic came from.”
– Song titles should be a “summation of the song’s message. I shortened them over time because I started forgetting those long ass titles.”
– “Nah,” he won’t reunite with previous members of the band. “I’m always excited for what the future holds. I’m not interested in a reunion anything. I’ve only been doing this for 10 short years…Love the changes, love the independence. Working alone is very liberating.”
– But “Fuck yeah!” he would have joined Blink 182 if asked.
– Maybe follow that up with his favourite type of ice cream, Rocky Road.
– His favourite ever lyric is from Kanye West‘s ‘Can’t Tell Me Nothing‘, “When you try hard is when you die hard.”
More from Read
There’s also Bully, The Used, Knuckle Puck, The Front Bottoms and loads, loads more.